Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Milestones

Two exciting things at work in the past week:

1. Our research project just reached our 100,000th participant mark!
That's right, 100,000 DNA samples. When the project started in 2000, 100,000 was the ultimate goal. However, because time and experience have shown that 100,000 is not the end, we're still collecting. Who is lucky number 100,000? One of my co-workers.

2. I have over 100 controlled documents!
One of my many jobs (the one I was hired for) is to create and maintain all of the written, official company documents. When I started, there was nothing formal. Now, 2 years later, I have 105 documents. Most of them are work procedures, but I also have policies, operations stuff (like timesheets and purchasing), and a full safety program. I wrote most of the 105. I hope that my others see this as a big accomplishment in organization and efficiency and not as an amazing achievement in red tape!

No comments: