Friday, September 05, 2008

Swiss Days Parade Report

Talk about being involved with Swiss Days. Saturday morning we put on our vibrant yellow parade committee shirts and went to the parade lineup to be put to work. Our job at the parade was to direct traffic - get the parade participants to the right spot and make sure they start rolling at the right time. And direct all the spectators who asked where and when the parade started. The sad part of being on the committee is that we didn't get to watch. But we did get to be in the parade at the very end. In a 1963 red Ford convertible.


Zeke went to the parade with Grandma and Grandpa Carlile. They had a great time watching the parade together. There were plenty of big trucks and loud tractors, not to mention clapping - all things Zeke loves. One of his favorites was a little RC car that our friends from HobbyTownUSA drove up and down the street.

1 comment:

Dynna said...

I'm finally looking at your blog! So fun! I'm glad everything went well with Swiss Days--wish I could have been there to enjoy the clapping with Zeke. :) I am amazed at how big your baby is getting...he's not a baby anymore! Give that little bundle of love a squeeze from his Aunt Dynna