Obviously this picture isn't exactly recent - but it's still cute! And yes those are two of the three geese that Zeke now talks about.
Bonus silly Zeke story: this afternon Zeke got kind of whiny, which I understood to mean he wanted a drink. So we went downstairs to go on the sippy cup hunt. He has a tendency to just drop it wherever he gets done with it, so I started looking in all the usual places. Of course by this time Zeke couldn't remember where it was, and when I had no luck I gave in and got a new cup. After I had given Zeke his milk and he was chugging away, I walked out of the kitchen and saw the first cup: he had been standing next to Grandma in her recliner and when he was done with his milk he just tucked the cup under the blanket next to her feet!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Such A Silly Goose
Zeke and I took the trash out yesterday and our neighbors' trio of geese were out in the yard doing what they do best - making noise. Zeke looked a bit concerned, because there was obviously some sort of alarm going off. I told him that it was a goose and tried to get him to repeat the word 'goose.' After two or three repetitions he tried it: 'gooos'. I am so impressed that he caught on so fast. Now whenever he hears them honking (which is frequent), he looks at me with a big smile and a look that says 'Hey I know what that is!' and says 'gooos'. Adorable.
Labels:
history,
learning moments,
nature,
Zeke news,
Zeke silliness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute! I love when little kids learn new words. I started talking when I was really little (and never stopped), and I know my mom and dad tried for a long time to get me to say "Mom" or "Dad"... instead, they got "turtle". Animal words are the most fun, anyway. :) And just so you know, some of us read your side bar, even if we don't comment on it. :)
Post a Comment