Monday, March 09, 2009

Take Your Zeke to Work Day

Today I had a meeting while Aaron had class, so Zeke came with me to work for a while. The meeting was a little later than scheduled, so we spent about 3 hours at work. Fortunately I work at a pretty laid-back office.

While I conferred with my coworkers, Zeke

  • Shook his carton of goldfish crackers so they scattered all over the cubicle and quickly discovered they make a delightful crunch when stepped on. It then became a game of who could move more quickly - mom picking up the fish or Zeke stepping on the fish.
  • Emptied his wallet of the fake credit cards and then dropped them all through the handles of my file drawers
  • Found the goldfish again and scattered them even futher than before, then we repeated the step-on - pick-up game
  • Got a chocolate mint patty from our office manager and then played fetch with it with her
  • Walked into a wall when he turned around to see who was behind him
  • Looked out the window at all of the cars and trucks
  • Ran up and down the hallway again and again
  • Identified the tree in every company logo he could find

When it was time to gather, Zeke played with the door and welcomed everyone to the meeting. After the meeting started, he entertained himself quitely fairly well (which isn't exactly common for him...)

  • Colored on scratch paper (and his hands) with my pen
  • Opened his Cheerios, ate a few, put the rest on the floor, ate a few, put the rest back in the container, repeated (for about 15 minutes!), then stepped on the Cheerios to find they also make a cool crunching sound
  • Balanced on the feet of my chair (and my coworkers' chairs...)
  • Sat under the table pointing to all the shoes and saying 'Shoe!'

Overall Zeke was really good and I'm so happy about that, although I have to admit that I'm glad that Draper and Dynna are watching Zeke when I go to a corporate committee meeting later this week.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That's hilarious, especially the goldfish crunching... I also think that's an awesome idea with the fake wallet, we'll have to try it so Owen doesn't keep nabbing our real ones!

Skye said...

I am glad to hear that went so well for you. So who won the whole goldfish race? You didn't mention that one. Love ya.

Dynna said...

This is so hilarious! I am rolling! Funny, we did the pick up the gold fish game at my house too, unfortunatly Aunts don't have mommy skills and Zeke won that race. lol! What a busy little bee you have!

Dynna said...

PS I noticed on your breaking news that Zeke says "Heather"...wonder how much I have to bribe him so he will start saying Dynna...can he say "D"? I'm okay with "D", all my athletes call me "D". LOL! Oh and if he motions his hands as in "pop corn popping on the apricot tree" it is because that is the newest song I am trying to teach him...is it working? Or does he think I'm crazy, wait he knows I'm crazy and that's why he loves me. Crazy Auntie D...I'll teach him to say that. :) :)

Carrie said...

Lol! Yeah, he started playing the goldfish game at Dynna's after I bribed him with fishies so he wouldn't cry when he looked at me. It worked! And then the fish went flying. You obviously have some sweet skills, because I think Zeke beat Dynna, Draper, AND Carrie at the fish game. And you should have seen the look he gave us when Dynna was singing that song about the dudes who built their houses on the rock and the sand. He turned around and looked at us like, "Are you guys seeing this? What is she doing??" It was cute, and he was way fun. He liked the cars, and we watched Belle watch the birds.