I feel sorry for 2009.
Practically everyone we have heard talk/write about 2009 mentions how glad they are it is over. (Like a whole lot changed in your life when the clock struck midnight...I know, I know, it's symbolic - but still.) I don't remember 2008 or 2007 being so quickly shoved out the door. Or 2006, or 2005.... Maybe we missed the memo? We don't think 2009 was so bad.
2009, I don't know why everyone was so ready to get rid of you. Maybe they are just ready for a change. Maybe people are ready to switch to more familiar 'twenty-ten' rather than the cumbersome 'two thousand nine'. Or maybe it's simply that 9 is forever the runner-up to the celebrated number 10. Regardless, we remember you fondly even while we look forward to the new year.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I agree! I think 2009 was a good year, and yet I've noticed the same thing. I think people are so quickly to dismiss it becuase of the recession. I all for living it up and enjoying the times!!
I have nothing against 2009 for the record. I love your pictures especially the one of you and Zeke! So very very cute.
Post a Comment