According to traditional textbook definitions, our 'could have a baby anytime' started a week ago. Now we can say with certainty that she has an August birthday. It's not a huge consolation, but it is one thing in the world of unknowns that is expecting a new arrival. We keep telling her that anytime is fine with us and soon would be great!
That's not to say there has been no progress. I've been nesting, which I think Aaron finds amusing. I am attacking projects that I have been noticing for the past 4 months but not had the energy or motivation to do. I'm pretty sure the 'extra' energy I've got is all in my head; however, the accomplishments are making me feel good. Now visitors who dare traverse the jungle of cars, trucks, airplanes, train tracks, and couch pillows that is our living room floor can be rewarded with adequate seating. That's a big achievement.
The changes of the baby dropping lower are in full force. Zeke dropped for maybe half a day then came back up to stay for the rest of the pregnancy and all 16 hours of induced labor (after which he was born cesarean, perfect yet stubborn). This little one, though, has her head where it belongs and has introduced a whole new world of aches, pains, strange sensations, and a growing hope that I will in fact go into labor in the near future.
I am also loving the fact that a second child means we already have the baby gear. I don't think we have bought anything for this little one yet, which our budget appreciates, and I have appreciated not having to research, compare, and decide on carseats, strollers, and the like (to say nothing of the 'Do you think we'll need this?' items). Nearly all of our 0-6 month clothes are gender-neutral, and thank you to her grandmas for giving us dresses for church.
I think we're ready. As ready as we're going to get, anyway. But, as we wait and anticipate, I'm enjoying feeling (and watching) her move and knowing that, for a few more days, I can keep her safe and sheltered in ways that will never be possible again.
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I am so excited for you guys.
Baby girl, your aunt Skye will be there in a week and a half, please come. I know things are nice where you are now, but I promise there is a whole wide world of fun things like bubbles, hugs, big brother, loves and so much more that will make your trip to earth well worth it. Hope to see you soon.
Yay! Hope she comes soon and that all goes well!
I hope she behaves herself and that you have a fairly uneventful, normal (as in not c-section) delivery. I was surprised at how often I found myself saying after this first one, "next time..." For me, that'll have to wait another couple years. I'm glad you're having such a fun time with these last few weeks. Hooray for sitting space! We so have to visit one of these days...
Post a Comment