Our furnace died last week. A slow death, leaking carbon monoxide at an increasing rate as it went. The first time the CO detector went off, we chalked it up to an old furnace, cold weather, and being gone most of that day. When it went off twice more that same week, we called our property manager and he sent over a serviceman. The heating guy brought a brand new CO detector and instructed me to call him if this one went off. That night it went off 4 times between 2 am and 6:30 am. Fortunately the kids slept through both the screaming alarm and the cold air that came in as we aired out the house. Aaron and I, however, didn't sleep much at all. At 8:30 I called the heating guy and he came right over. After an hour or so he pronounced our furnace dead, shut it down, and we packed up and went to Grandma's for the weekend.

We had an unexpected vacation weekend of playing, talking, hanging out, and relaxing.


Nora discovered she likes to bounce,

and Zeke discovered that Nora bouncing is a great toy.

The new furnace was ready for installation 3 days later, so I gathered up all of our things, packed the car, and took the kids home to meet Aaron who got off work early. The heating guys brought the new furnace in and got it all set up but one part was missing, meaning the installation would have to continue the next evening. So we refreshed our overnight bag and went back to Grandma's for one more night.
We are happy to now be back at home and have more efficient heat. Now to catch up on all the Saturday chores that didn't get done last week...
2 comments:
Whoa! I sure am glad the CO2 didn't do you all in!! That is scary!! Our CO2 alarm went off one time, and we called it right in, but when they came, they couldn't find any leak from anything, and it didn't go aff again.
Wow I'm so glad you guys are all right. I am so worried for you. I'm so glad you have a nice furnace but so glad that you got to see family. Thinking of you!!!
Post a Comment