Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Sunbeam, A Sunbeam

I stressed about Zeke's transition to primary. He's not into classroom-style activities, and he loved playing in the nursery, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But it's been fairly easy. I have gone with him and stayed until he was comfortable, and that length of time has decreased exponentially by the week. What I didn't expect that has made all the difference is the teachers who have been super supportive. I should have known that they would be fine with him moving around the room and watching for a while before he's ready to join the activity. I am so impressed that they somehow immediately knew how to respect his needs and abilities while encouraging him to sit, listen, and participate. I think he still misses nursery, but he is loving being a sunbeam and will tell you so if you ask!

Memo to self: try for pictures before church instead of after!


No comments: