Zeke brings home papers everyday from school.... I have a growing mountain on my desk! I finally have gotten around to scanning some of my favorites. There are so many times that he has done his best work!
This pink pig came with the note from his teacher that he did his best work... it was the start of him doing well at coloring inside the lines.
I love this four-seasons tree... I have framed it and need to put it on his wall!
The class did a little book where they practiced their letters and then practiced drawing an animal that went with the letter. His goose is my favorite, although all of the birds are good (ostrich, penguin, quail, umbrella bird).
Egg math, from this past week when they learned about egg-laying animals.
Coloring crayons with crayons. Zeke did this one at home. Nora loved it so much that I had to print a similar page for her so she would stop trying to color on Zeke's paper.
This snowman was a homework project, and we used things around the house to make it. I forgot to take a picture before Zeke took it to school, but fortunately they were all on display in the hallway when we came for parent teacher conference and I got a picture then.
Zeke's also been reading up a storm. At that January parent teacher conference, we learned Zeke's reading level (and that of several of his peers) was behind where his teacher wanted the class to be. After spending a few days we figured out his quick memory was to blame, as he was mostly reciting books he had read before rather than reading them. So we started going to the library every week to find new books for him to read. It was exactly what he needed and he has grown so much as a reader in just two months - he's gone up 3 reading levels! He is reading everything around him now and we are working on growing his vocabulary and his endurance. It's so much fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment