Sunday, September 08, 2013

Swiss Days

Swiss Days this year started with a parade of first graders going to see the Swiss Miss and Children's Chorus perform. Nora and I walked along with them; it was fun!


On Saturday, Zeke rode in the parade with the school,


then barely made it back in time to catch the little Loertscher train to ride the parade again. It was fun for him (and we were lucky it worked out!), but I think next year he will have to choose just one entry. It was tighter than I expected.


Nora had a hard time waiting for it to be the train's turn, but once she got on she was all smiles.


We had a train breakdown at the end of the parade, and some mechanic work right there on the road. Fortunately, it was minor, so just a few minutes later we were on the road again. 


Aaron worked late shifts all weekend, so he was either sleeping or working through all of Swiss Days. It wasn't quite as fun without him, at least for me. 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks like a fun time! Zeke looks so grown up! I can't believe it!