My love of Swiss Days started after I went to Swiss Days with Aaron. Yes, yes, I did grow up just down the road in Heber City, but we only went to Swiss Days a couple of times because my mom doesn't like the crowds, the traffic, and the parking. And I don't blame her one bit. One of my very favorite things about Swiss Days is parking at Mom and Dad Loertscher's and walking down to the Town Square. We are excited to be living in Midway this Swiss Days so we can help.
We thought we were going to work in the knockwurst sandwich booth with our ward. But at the beginning of August, we were asked to join the Swiss Days parade committee. It's been lots and lots of work (hence our un-updated blog). I just didn't realize how much behind-the-scenes work went into organizing all of those entries into a sensible line up. Making sure the bands don't come right together, keeping the llamas away from everything noisy, and keeping the politicians separated can be quite a headache. But I have enjoyed being so involved. Aaron and I are the computer gurus of the group and I think we have received tasks we are both skilled at and enjoy.
We hope you all are coming to this year's Swiss Days parade - it's going to be a good one!

No comments:
Post a Comment