Monday, December 01, 2008
Go Take a Good Walk
I took Zeke for a walk today. Pretty amazing that it's December and still warm enough to go out walking with a little one. We put on our sweatshirts and Zeke wore his hood and we were really quite comfortable, although our cheeks became a little rosier than normal. The afternoon sun felt wonderful. There's just something about getting outside and breathing fresh air and doing something good for my body that makes me feel better about life and relieves some of my stresses. Today I let myself get lost in my own thoughts, resolving and letting go of the problems at work, although sometimes I choose to think of nothing but my breathing and the rhythm of my feet. My own natural therapy, I suppose - somehow as my heart rate returns to normal, I'm calmer than when I started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So true. It's nice to just get away from things sometimes.
Manndi,
So, I was looking at blogs and found yours (I guess that makes me a stalker). It looks like you are doing well! Your little guy is so cute. Crazy to think we are all grown ups now. Hopefully things are great.
Lindsey
Post a Comment