Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who Wears the Pants

We all had to ask for pants for Christmas this year. Funny how it happens all at the same time. Zeke has gradually outgrown all of his remaining 12 month size pants this fall and recently I have been doing laundry at least twice a week to keep him in clean pants. Aaron's pants were in fair condition except for his typical wear pattern of holes in the left knee -- and naturally all of the left knees tore through in the same week. I have various sizes of pants in my closet, few of which actually fit, and it drives me crazy. Most of them are too big, stretched wearing them far too long (4-5 months!) while I was pregnant with Zeke.

Fortunately, Christmas pants were made possible. Zeke's grandmas showered him with pants and other clothes this Christmas. He went from 5 pants to 15 literally overnight. And they are all cute. (Now I just have to worry about keeping him in clean pajamas....) Aaron also found a pair of hole-less pants under the Christmas tree, so he has one pair that will keep his knee warm. And I went shopping today (yay for gift cards) and actually found something that fit. How fortunate we are.

No comments: