This year's Loertscher extended family reunion site featured a ramp leading up to a covered porch. Zeke found the ramp nearly immediately by taking a trike up the ramp. As I saw him walking up, I knew that discovery of the thrill of coming down was inevitable. And sure enough, that's what happened next. The first few times I walked down with him, slowing him from the full force of gravity acting on a vehicle with wheels. Then I just let him go for it and he had a great time riding on down.
Zeke also pushed a dump truck up and let it roll back down - chasing after it - about a million times. Once an older kid tried to help by catching it partway down. Zeke (who was mid-run down the ramp) changed directions and seemed to say 'Oh well, I guess they have it now.' The older kid, seeing Zeke run away, seemed to say 'Whatever, guess he's done with it' and put it down and walked away. Zeke, seeing his truck was again available, ran back over to it and began again to push it up the ramp.
He also loved the little family train that ran around the backyard every so often. He loved it so much we got him a ticket for the upcoming train trip down the parade route.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment