Sunday, October 18, 2009

Here a Book, There a Book

One night not too long after we moved, I offered to read Zeke some bedtime stories. We both enjoyed reading books and did it again a few nights later. That was all it took, and now we officially have a bedtime story routine. Zeke won't let me put him to bed without reading at least a couple of books. (Really he deserves most of the credit for keeping the routine going.)
I've found that I really enjoy our reading time and I should have made this happen about 2.5 years ago. We usually read about 10 or 15 minutes, longer on the few nights that we are actually on time with the bedtime routine.

Zeke's favorite books (this week anyway):
- Are You My Mother?
- I Love Trains
- B is for Bear
- Fish Eyes
- 123 Peep

Our favorite books to read to him (not appearing above):
- Hand Hand Fingers Thumb
- But Not the Hippopotamus
- I Like It When

No comments: