Saturday, March 27, 2010

Zeke Smarts

Zeke has shown lately that he is starting to make connections based on his experiences. It's been really fun, and quite funny too!

Zeke has a set of 4 farm puzzles, and it's been so great to see him improve his puzzle skills as we have been putting them together regularly (at his request). Today I pulled out a puzzle that has twice as many pieces and different shapes and started putting it together. At first Zeke wanted to take it apart so he could do his puzzles, but I talked him into letting me finish. As I was looking for a particular piece, I realized Zeke was adding pieces to the other side of the puzzle. He liked it enought that we now have 5 puzzles in our rotation. And I think we put all 5 together 3 or 4 different times today.

Our butter lives in a 'garage' in our fridge. The door to the dairy compartment does operate like a garage door, although I'm not sure I would have realized that without Zeke's help.

We were out for a walk this week and saw some construction equipment, and Zeke proclaimed he wanted to 'ride the tractor'. We tried to explain to him that tractors don't carry passengers, even though trains, planes, jets, helicopters, cars, and trucks do. But he still wants to ride that tractor.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm impressed--I probably couldn't do a puzzle to save my life. Unless it had like 5 pieces. He's one-up on me!