Sunday, January 22, 2012

January Park Fun

For the New Year's holiday we went to 'Freeze Fly' with Aaron's RC club. However, no freezing was required this year! The weather was beautiful, probably around 50 degrees. If it weren't for the cool breeze that blew occasionally, we would have been overdressed in our winter coats and hats and scarves. 

The other great thing is that we were flying at a park instead of a model airplane airport. That meant the kids could play on the playground to their hearts' content and I could keep my eyes on them and the planes at the same time. It was a win-win situation.

Planes in the sky on a beautiful day in Salt Lake. 


Nora trying out the slides by going down with Zeke.


Stylin' in Zeke's Cars sunglasses.


Zeke loved the swings.


Crossing the bridge to get to the slide.


By the end of the day Nora was sliding basically by herself. All I did was hold one of her hands to help her balance as she climbed in at the top. She loved it. 


For a couple of hours I was able to completely enjoy playing with my kids. Most days there are places to go and things to get done, but today all we had to do was have fun. It was glorious. 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks like fun! I love that last picture with Nora on the slide. Super cute!