Over the weekend we went to see the tulips at Thanksgiving Point with Grandma and Grandpa Loertscher. It was a summery day to be seeing spring flowers, so we layered our sunscreen and wore our sunglasses and brought lots of water.
The flowers were beautiful, and for the first part we all walked together enjoying the scenery.
As soon as we saw water Nora was out of the stroller, and running across the bridges and saying 'water' over and over again. So wandered down to the pond to see the koi. While Zeke and Aaron fed the fish, I followed Nora around. She ran all over on the deck chattering about 'fish' and 'water', stopping occasionally to watch the fish.
We had a hard time getting them away from the koi to look at more flowers, but they were finally convinced by the offer of another bridge to run across. Nora was completely done with the stroller, so Zeke was riding and I was trying to convince Nora to walk with us rather than run the other way.
After a while the kids were done with flowers and we went to the waterfalls. As much as he loved the fish, this was for sure Zeke's favorite part.
I told Aaron that maybe next time we should come without the kids, and then it would be more of a peaceful stroll rather than a serious workout. But I do love sharing all of this beauty with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment