Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Dishes

Nora has become my sink dishes buddy. She comes running when I start to fill the sink, and pulls a chair over to stand next to me and play in the rinse water. She has to have a wooden spoon to 'stir' the water (and to pass water over to my side). One time she took the wooden spoon with her when we got done with the dishes, and I let her have it to play with. Much to my surprise, when she was done playing, she brought the spoon back to the kitchen, dragged the chair back over to the sink, and put the spoon in the drainer.

While we are doing dishes, Nora will pull the dishes out of the water for me and put them in the drainer unless they are too heavy (which the pots filled with water usually are). She also loves the bubbles. Yesterday she said 'Oh the bubbles. They're beautiful!' I said 'The bubbles are beautiful?' She said 'Yes, they're so cute!' For the first time ever, doing sink dishes is fun!

No comments: