Monday Zeke and I went out the front door to go for a walk. As I shut the door behind me, a very large, very unfamiliar bloodhound came rambling up the driveway. Before I could finish thinking 'I wonder who he belongs to?', the dog bounded up the stairs and nearly knocked Zeke over. I tried to push him away (unsuccessfully), then realized Zeke had a graham cracker and maybe that was the attraction.
I picked up my crying Zeke and tried to kick the super-friendly dog away (since now I had my hands full). The dog fell against the front door, the door popped open, and the dog ran into the house. Luckily for us, Grandma was home and she chased the dog out of the house and came to rescue us. She tried to chase it out of the yard, but the dog had some attachment to our house and refused to leave. She held his collar, called animal control, and sent us on our walk.
Turns out the control officer and this dog know each other from previous meetings. And as the officer was about to load the dog into his truck, a couple of people randomly walking by said 'Oh that's our dog.' So he released the dog to them, the clueless owners didn't get a citation, and we are still shaking our heads about it.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment