Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Changing with the Seasons

This week I was out walking with Zeke and I started thinking about just how much these little ones change in a short time. Last October, Zeke sat by himself for the first time. He was just starting to eat 'real food' in his high chair. And he had to be held nearly all the time because he couldn't entertain himself very well.


This October he is walking, running, climbing, and exploring everything. He is building his vocabulary and starting to learn what things are called and what to do with them. It amazes me how much of what we say he understands even though he can't express himself well in words quite yet. He pretty much feeds himself and is starting to even use his fork and spoon!

Next October - well, I don't really know what to expect except he will be about the age Kaelyn is now. He should be really talking, and better understanding (and hopefully doing!) more of what we tell him. It just keeps building...

1 comment:

Dynna said...

I haven't stopped to really think about how grown up Zeke is until I look and before pictures year pictures and after year pictures...he is a little boy. How wonderfully scary. He is growing up so fast. I still can't believe how small he was when I held him for the first time. He won my heart over that morning at St. Marks. He is such a special spirit and I am proud to be his loving aunt for all eternity. I can't wait to see what a year will bring--he will need to get to know his Uncle Ryan by then, I'm sure he doesn't remember him. :)