There is a Texas-style steakhouse just down the street from where we used to live in Salt Lake, and ever since Draper went to Texas we planned to eat there with him. He's been back for a while, but we finally made plans and went. It was a fabulous night out with my family - Mom and Dad Carlile, Draper and Carrie, and Dynna, who claimed Zeke as her date for the night. (She even got a goodnight kiss!)
I had a mushroom burger and Aaron had steak and shrimp. Zeke had, as our waiter put it, a 'smorgasbord' of all the plates at the table. Zeke ate wheat bread and colored contentedly while we waited for our food and then had a miniature five-course meal: Aaron's chicken soup, my fries, Dynna's seafood pasta, Grandma's Texas rice, and then our waiter brought a one-scoop ice cream sundae. Zeke was really already full but there was definitely room for ice cream.
The food was really good. We'll have to go back some time to try out the other items on the menu. The prices matched what the food was worth, and we were so impressed that the portions served were perfect. The best part was the company. How often do we take the time to stop being busy and sit with those we love most? We had a great time. Let's do it again, and next time we can go for Japanese food.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was such a wonderful night! I loved my goodnight kisses too! I totally bragged them up to Ryan! We need to continue this and make it some kind of tradition, cause I thought it was really fun--it will be even better when Ryan can come too! He'd love a trip to a steakhouse, since I eat um...chicken! :) I'm great with Japaneese food as long as they don't throw any shrimp at me.lol!
Post a Comment