Thursday, March 10, 2011

Backwards Scooting

I have been worried that I wouldn't get this post up before Nora started to crawl, because she's ready to go for it any minute now. It's been that way for a couple of weeks. No real crawling yet, although she's for sure mobile with a combination of reaches, lunges, scooting (backwards on belly, forward on bum), rolling, and getting herself from sitting to tummy and back again.

Nora scooting around backwards on her tummy is one of the cutest things ever. From what I can tell, she isn't going after any particular item, she just does it because she can. That is, until she runs into a wall or gets under the furniture and can't move anymore. Then she gets quite frustrated and demands to be rescued.


Her frustrations have gone down a bit starting about 2 weeks ago when she learned how to put herself back into a sitting position. Now she flops onto her belly, scoots around, and sits back up when she finds something interesting to play with.