Sunday, March 27, 2011

Growing By Leaps and Bounds

I'm not sure I noticed a get-taller growth spurt at 6 months (although I feel like I'm still constantly needing to find her some bigger pajamas), but behaviorally Nora has grown up tremendously in the past month or so. I am in a state of wonder as to how my baby can be doing all of these things so soon.

*Hello mobility! Nora crawls, albeit slowly and carefully, and it's already an upgrade from her sit-scoot-reach approach of the past few weeks. Just like sitting, she gets better at it daily. She also is becoming my little shadow and will come find me if I disappear for very long.


*Exploring. Being mobile has taken Nora to new places, like under the desk, and new things, like the floor-length blinds and heater vents. I'm realizing there are places I have not set her down before, and she is checking them out.

*No, Nora. Exploring has necessitated some gentle guidance, particularly when she tries to chew on something she shouldn't (papers, puzzle pieces, and cords come to mind). She also is fascinated by the bathroom trash can.

*Pulling up. Nora pulls herself up at every opportunity and is very happy to stand. And is so proud of herself too. Pulling up happened a couple of days after she started crawling, so not as far apart as I expected.


*Sleeping. We were done with the swing about 2 months ago, and she sleeps beautifully in her crib at naptime. Sometimes lately as I rock her she won't really settle until I put her in her bed, which is huge for a little angel who has historically required to eat to deep sleep before being put down.

*Refereeing. I was hoping to avoid this milestone for a while, but I definitely am having to keep the peace between Zeke and Nora. Mainly enforcing turn-taking, as both want to be in the middle of whatever the other is doing.

*Babble, babble. The other night Nora got stuck standing and cried for help. She was looking across the room at me saying 'mam-mam-mam-mam' until she saw Aaron coming to rescue her, then it became 'da-da-da-da'. Melted my heart!

1 comment:

Jewelle said...

Wow what an early bird at milestones! She sure is cute and I can't believe how big she has gotten!